- 2 quality steaks, sirloin, striploin or fillet (must be well-aged to ensure tenderness).
- 1-2 courgettes, cut into thick slices.
- 1-2 peppers, deseeded and cut into thick slices.
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into thick slices.
- 1-2 tblsp olive oil.
- Salt and lots of black pepper.
- 1 tblsp balsamic or wine vinegar.
Heat the grill/pan until smoking hot – a cast iron ridged pan gives excellent results.
Mix together the oil, salt, black pepper and balsamic vinegar.
Pour half the mixture over the steaks and the remainder over the vegetables, mix well.
Add the vegetables to the grill pan, then add the steaks – do this in two lots if the pan is over crowded.
Cook the vegetables and steaks for approx. 5-8 minutes – or to your liking.
Serve with a few jacket potatoes